1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1986 GMC seirra over heating

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by lofsfire3503, Jan 9, 2009.

1. lofsfire3503

lofsfire3503 Junior Member

i have a 86 seirra and its overheating..i need a new shroud for the truck but i called everyone and their brother..i been to all the junk yards and their all gone..i cant really find anything on the net just for early 90s and up.. thanks for your time!

2. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I MAY have one. Small or big block?

5. lofsfire3503

its a small block 350... thanks for your help everyone!

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ok I'll take a look to see what I have. :salute:

7. Spitz

Spitz Senior Member

No means to make one out of tin?? Seems it would be quiet easy.

8. lofsfire3503

yeah i might try that.. but it will be my last resort

9. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

another option

hey,

i just registered a few minutes ago so i'm not sure what i can say or not say on here =/ but i know of a place that deals in used chevy truck parts and i'll almost guarantee they will have a shroud for you. if you want to private message me i'll give you more info.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Got one you may be interested in. Since you don't have PM features yet you can contact me directly on the details if your interested at:

[​IMG]

11. 4wheelposi

4wheelposi Junior Member

I have one. I don't think it's the prettiest one but I'll check for you if you want. I pulled it out when I did my cummins re-power. If not justchevytrucks.com...it's a 73-87 Checvy truck junkyard. These guys got anything you could want, fair prices, and they'll ship immediately.

12. larold83

larold83 Senior Member

get rid of all that junk its a waste just get a electric fan setup my 85 plow truck has one and so dose my 04 and they work better than those stupid clutch fans the best thing is you can get the ajustible thermostats you need a 16 inch fan and one should doit

13. Beater_K20

Beater_K20 Member

14. lofsfire3503

problem solved!!! i installed a dual 14" electric fan out of a 99" olds intrigue...it stays nice n cool now

15. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

glad to hear it!