1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1986 F350 Plow Shopping Help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by travisw7, Aug 14, 2013.

1. travisw7

travisw7 Junior Member

I recently picked up a 1986 F350 for snowplowing and am looking for a plow for it. I have a line on a Arctic plow that was mounted on a 1981 F150 and I'm curious if it will be compatible. Are there any resources available for this or can anyone tell me if this will work?

2. PPP

PPP Member

Is it 4wd, 2wd, and or is it a Dual Rear Wheel Truck? Its unlikely that the truck side would fit.If your good with fabrication and welding then you could make just about anything work.
  3. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

find a plow off a 1980-1991 F350 or F250. anything outside of this year range will not be a direct bolt on. bronco and F150 will not be compatible with the heavier frames found on the F250/F350.