1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1986 F 350 Wiring problems HELP

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by gkegel, Feb 13, 2005.

1. gkegel

gkegel Junior Member
    from AZ

:help: I'm trying to help a friens rewire the lights on 1986 F350 but have no wiring diagram.
    We have things all put together but still have a problem.
    Head lights work front turn signals work, Tail lights work, Turn Signals work.
    But Only have brake light on left rear.
    Also when hazard flashers are on every thing works except the right rear.
    Since the turn and brake use the same wires the wires have to be OK.
    Why is the right Brake light and hazard flasher not working when everything else does? It must be some lpace up front but where. Any help you can give I be greatful for. Can someone email a wiring diagram? gkegel@zekes.com
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Your multi function switch(tilt,turn,hazard) is probably the problem. It's the turn signal switch in the column. All that stuff feeds through it. Mine had no left brake light or hazard blinker.I would have turn signal but nothing Else. Mines an 89 ,but I bet they used the same one for yours. Ford did not change this stuff very often.