1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1986 Chevy K10

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Jay_Alix, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Jay_Alix

Jay_Alix Junior Member

Decided to sell my truck. I have too many projects, and I don;t use the truck enough.
    details -
    1986 K10 half ton long bed. 110,500 miles. dark blue, blue interior. Carb 305 w/ Edelbrock Performer intake, Automatic, 700R4. 4" suspension lift, 33" mud tires, aluminum wheels. Bedliner, rear slider, drawtight classIV hitch, grill gaurd, Kenwood am/fm cd player, Fisher minute mount plow frame ( only the part that installs on the truck, I don't have any other parts of the plow )

Comes with the following brand new parts never installed:
    20 gallon gas tank, straps and anti squeek insulation, gas door, tailight lenses, step bars, drivers side door spring, headman 1 5/8" hedders, 2 Magnaflow stainless steel high flow cats, 2 flowmaster Delta 40 stainless mufflers, Flowmaster header pipe flange kits ( gets rid of the conventional 3 bolt flange, and uses a ball and socket for leak free and no gasket blow outs), 2 stobe light bar.
    Also I'll throw in the 2800 stall Fairbanks convertor I have.. it's used, I had it installed in my Camaro, but was going to put it in the truck.

Now the bad -
    rockers, pass cab corner, driver floor, lower door skins are rusted out. Pass side bed is dented, minor dings here and there. The stock exhaust is rusted, tail pipe fell off, and there's a leak somewhere up front. The CD player doesn't eject the CD. The transmission is starting to slip you don't notcie it, but I wouldn't plow or tow with it. It's driveable as it is, but the fluid is brown so I would say it's getting time to be for a rebuild. I have a spare 1989 700R4 from a Camaro that I had planned on getting rebuilt ( newer has improvements over the 86) and then swaping the tailshaft and out put shaft from the 86 700. I will include that witht he truck. The truck runs ok, the engine leaks some oil, minor drips, the rear seal on the transfer case leaks. Engine burns some oil.. looses some coolant, but It doesn't seem to be burning it or getting into the oil. Timing is off, i haven't gotten around to fixing it.

It's been a good truck the past 2 years for me, I just don;t have the spare time to put the work into it. I had planned on it, which is why I started buying all the parts.

Located in Andover CT
    Price - $1800
    post here or
    you can email me at jason_alix@yahoo.com with any question

2. Jay_Alix

Jay_Alix Junior Member

pictures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]