1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1986 Chev K30 W/366 Motor

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by CCSwanson, Dec 5, 2001.

1. CCSwanson

CCSwanson Member

Looking at a 86 Chevy K30 with a 366 (tall block) backed by a TH400 trans with 4.10 Gears running 33X12.50X16.5 rubber. This motor replaced the original 350. I am looking for any opinons concerning this truck.

2. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

i have that same engine in a dump runs good for me..........

3. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

I'd be guessing: lots of "grunt" low down, not a whole lot of top end (4.10 gears) and fuel mileage in the single digit figures.

Work truck? Mud toy? Just curious with regard to the intended use for the truck.

4. BigBlock454

BigBlock454 Junior Member
    from Jersey

Its a good motor with lots of torque at the bottom. Its good for a stroker motor. I just bought a 427 tall deck. 60k original miles. All tall decks are originaly gear driven cams. Also, the 366 can only be bored .030 over. The 427 can be bored .125 over. Make sure that when you get parts for this motor, its for THAT motor. Alot of things are different as far as distributor, exhaust, Etc....

5. CCSwanson

CCSwanson Member

Well after some thought I bought the truck for 1700.00 Drive train seems to be very solid, the body has some brusies and rust. As for the motor a POWERHOUSE makes my old 454 look weak Thanks to all for the help you gave