1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1985 Toyota 4Runner, solid axles and EFI! just in from Colorado

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by affekonig, Apr 16, 2011.

1. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Here's my craigslist ad (I didn't mention it in the ad, but I found a brand new Unimount mount for it locally...)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just bought this from my best friend...in Denver. I'd driven it a few times when I was out to visit over the last few years and told him that if he ever sold it, I wanted it. That time came and I bought it and had it shipped to my house in Lisle. I haven't stopped tinkering with it since and before I drop big money on a lift and tires, I want to offer it for sale. It's a 5th car for me that probably won't be driven much and I have enough projects as is.

The truck

If you know 4Runners, you know that 1985 is the year to have. This was the last year of the solid front axle and this truck has the 22re fuel injected 4cyl. It's also a rare automatic. It starts and runs great, drives well and just about everything other than the AC and cruise control works. The rear window even works from the front and tailgate switch and the rear wiper works! I also just installed a Pioneer cd player. The rear brakes are in great shape and have been replaced recently including wheel cylinders and hardware. The Cooper snow tires that are in some of the pictures have been replaced with 31x10.50 Parnelli Jones Dirt Grips. The interior is very utilitarian and has the hard to find rear seat delete option with the swing-up metal shelf. I have a rear seat from a Jeep that was never used in this truck, but can probably be mounted or finr a rear seat from an 84-89 4Runner and it will bolt right in (all mounting holes are present under the seat-delete). The guy that owned it before my friend basically used it as a camper with the long, flat interior. There's even a Thule bike rack on the roof. The lower portion of the truck and the entire cargo area has been Herculined and looks good. The paint on the outside isn't great and the rockers are pretty bad, but it looks good with the Herculiner. This truck spent a lot of its time in Colorado where they don't use road salt, so the frame, floors and underside of the truck are in really good shape. Pull the top off and get the project started. I'm on the verge of spending a bunch of money on a lift and tires for it and I know I won't drive it that much, so I'm offering it up to someone that will wheel/drive it. Here is a link to all of the pictures I have of it and everything I've done with it so far: http://www.flickr.com/photos/papa-bear/sets/72157626149847165/

[​IMG]
    1985 4Runner by affekonig2000, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    1985 4Runner by affekonig2000, on Flickr