1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1985 Suburban 4x4

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by got-h2o, Apr 4, 2009.

1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

1985 Suburban 4x4

Selling an 85 Suburban. 350 Gasser. It's kindof rough, but not bad. Runs and drives great. 4wd works awesome. I bought it for the plow that was on it. I have no use for the truck. I messed around with it out back here through the brush and it walks through some stuff, that's for sure. It's scratched, dented and rusted. It's not a 2005, it's an 85 so keep that in mind.

Small lift (3-4"?) with 33's. Tires Kelley MSR's with good tread.

It could use brake work. The rears are leaking at the block where the lines go in so the rear hose is pinched off. It also pulls to the right when you hit the brakes so obviously only that side is working. It also has no rear bumper and the radio doesn't work. The grill is cracked too. The plow bracket and wiring shown has been removed.

It was driven home from 4 hours away so that says something.

Camera phone pics, I can go out and take better ones if anyone is interested:

2. tojay22

tojay22 Member

haha i saw this on CL and made a lowball offer. i cant believe you drove 4 hours for it. u must have really wanted that unimount!
  3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol! It was 2.5 hours away and we got a few other things on the trip. I sent 2 of my guys. They had one stop on the way back and took it easy......but it made it!! It was a nice 4 spring pro and complete. This fall I sold a 73-87 mount for $560 if that says anything! :)