1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1985 gmc jimmy (my baby)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by nicksplowing, Dec 15, 2009.

1. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

So i've been slowly restoring this jimmy, it was one of my first plow trucks so i kinda wanna keep it around, just a little history on it, i am the second owner and it was a southern truck, bought it off the older gentleman who couldnt drive it anymore with 66k miles on her and a 305 c.i. auto overdrive trans. Well the 305 is gone now and i dropped in a completely rebuilt 1970 350 4 bolt main motor with lots of goodies in it (too many list) it roughly pushin 450h.p to the rear wheels on pump gas, the trans is a 700r4 completely rebuilt,race ready trans-go kit, reverse manual valve body and 3200 rpm stall convertor,the rears have 4.56 : 1 gears and a detroit locker in the back, it breathes thru hedman headers with 2 1/2 pipe, 2 40 series single chamber flowmaster mufflers,it has a 6 inch skyjacker softride lift,rancho shocks all 4 corners,35x12.50 bfg's all terrain k/o's,chevy rally rims, i still have a few more things to be added,lightbar on the roof,paint the steel cowl hood to match the truck,new carpets and lots of new interior parts,new rear bumper, anyways let me know what you guys think thanks nick:drinkup:

jimmy 2.jpg

jimmy 7.jpg

jimmy 3.jpg

jimmy 1.jpg

jimmy 6.jpg

2. nicksplowing

and the motorwesport

jimmy 5.jpg

jimmy 4.jpg

3. fairrpe86

fairrpe86 Senior Member

Looks awesome.

4. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

Nice job Nick it looks great

5. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

nice lookin' truck.

always liked those era jimmy's....... almost as good as a bronco :p

6. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Dude, you think you can clean off all of that grime and sludge off of the motor? I mean COMON......... J/K... That is one CLEAN engine! Looks Good!!

7. Rubicon 327

Rubicon 327 Senior Member

Very Nice!

An 84 K5 was my 1st 4 wheel drive and I miss the hell out of it. Did about the same as you...had the 305 and dropped a 350 in it no where near the hp you have, and minor body work and paint and trans work.Also swapped in a power window on the tailgate.

How is the interior? Didn't want to keep the a/c huh?

Keep up the nice work!:waving:

8. nicksplowing

thanks man:drinkup:

9. nicksplowing

thanks mark :drinkup: hows the winter comin so far, give me a call when you get a chance :waving:

10. nicksplowing

thanks bull :drinkup: the bronco is a ford i always liked ;)

11. nicksplowing

thanks chev :drinkup: only 13 miles on the motor :D

12. nicksplowing

thanks rubi :drinkup: interior is very clean except for some fade on some of the trim panels and tops of the door panels, i have all of it new in boxes to put in it, as far as the a/c goes i still have everything to put back in it just debating on whether or not i want a chrome compressor:D

13. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Nick looking ride Nick :waving:

14. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Beautiful truck there Nick!!! Gotta ask, you said the engine is a 1970. Did you put vortec heads on since they are centerbolt heads instead of the perimeter style of that era??

15. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

Very nice. I'm a K5 fan too. I have had proably 20 of them. Just about evey body change except the 73-75. Probably will have one of them too someday.

16. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, very clean.

17. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

That is a real nice truck enjoy it!! Good luck this winter!

18. nicksplowing

thanks tom :waving: happy holidays to you and your family :drinkup:

19. nicksplowing

thanks tom :drinkup: good catch yes they are vortec heads,ported and polished :D

20. nicksplowing

thanks king :drinkup: 1975 full convertible was my first plow truck ;)