1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1985 Gmc 2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Ripple, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Ripple

Ripple Member

I just got a 1985 GMC 2500 Pickup Diesel.

And I want to put a plow on it>

Should I buy a brand new Fisher or is it possible to find an old style fisher to mount on this old truck?

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i have not seen much on hear used for that truck. but ebay has had some . i have seen a few fisher setups on there. some are just the head unit. but thay say the rest is avalible also.

3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

I've got a complete 7.5' Fisher on my dead 85 GMC 2500 just sitting out there in the driveway...used it all last year...truck gave up this spring, plow is great. Drive up some weekend and take it away.

Make me an offer.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2006
  4. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Took some photos this morning.

I was going to repalce the chain this fall since I'm not sure how old it is and wouldn't want to deal with it snapping in the middle of a storm...looks ok to me, but its old and a cheap maintenance item. The speed of motion of the plow is directly proportional to the engine speed so I'm not sure if thats just the way the older plows worked or if it indicates a weak pump or air in the lines maybe...fluid level is good in the pump and the belt has about an inch of deflection...plow moves up, down, left and right just fine...its just pokey if you on't rev the motor above idle.

09-19-06_0629.jpg

09-19-06_0632.jpg

09-19-06_0631.jpg

09-19-06_0633.jpg

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  5. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

Give us a call we are in PA and have a bunch of used Fishers

6. Ripple

Ripple Member

OMW!!
    Just gettin truck inspected next week!
    (I had to do brake work first).

7. Ripple

Ripple Member

Well I did give Storks a call and the guy said he had some blades at a certain price.... When I got there the price was much higher and the guy was not very proffesional!
    I got frustrated and just left....Will NOT do business with them and would NOT recommend Storks. :gunsfiring:

8. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

you dont want a new plow for that truck a used is just as good and will cost less

9. Ripple

Ripple Member

Yahoo

Found a blade!

Nice Fisher 8' MM1 Looks almost new!

Had to drive 2 hours each way for it but worth the while.