1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1985 Chevy C20... NO RUST

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by willofalltrades, Feb 20, 2008.

1. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

-I have a 1985 Chevy C20 for sale. It has a little under 106,000 miles. This truck is a pulling machine because it has a 454 mated to a 3spd. tranny with a creeper gear (It pulls my considerably heavy 6x12 like its not even there).
    -New: Rear Brakes, plugs, wires, EGR valve, cap, rotor, oil change, Goodyear tires (less than 5000 miles on them), Master and slave on transmission, and soon to come mufflers.
    -The body is in Excellent condition for being a all original 1985. There isn't a speck of rust on it. I can have the truck painted white for a extra $750... and it would be a professional job. No major dents (a little one on the tailgate and that's all I remember). Bumpers are original and shine (the rear bumper is famous for rotting out fast... this rear bumper is original and solid!) I was going to have the truck painted white this spring and put some nice polished rims on it.
    -The Interior is in good condition as well. The carpet and seat are not torn. There is a small crack in the dash, but its not a big deal. A/C does not work.
    - What it needs: It idles rough but runs strong once it gets going, minor electrical work (radio doesn't work... not a hard fix), a fuel tank selector switch, and a coolant flush. These aren't major things, I just do not have time to tinker with it.
    -Currently it is sitting in my 30x40 pole barn with concrete floors just hiding away from the elements. I had plans for this truck but I just don't have the time to tinker with it. I purchased the truck last year from a homeowner who sat on it for a few years with hopes to restore it. Before he had it, the truck was out west (the reason there isn't any rust). It would make sense if it was some old guy's slide-in camper truck due to the condition, mileage, bed liner cut in spots intentionally, bed wiring, and what seems like camper brackets. I really believe this truck has never seen commercial duty... But I can't guarantee it, just an educated guess. I detail cars during the winter for a major dealership in Ohio, so best believe the interior will be as clean as I can get it...
    -I am asking $3500 for the truck. I am considerably firm on the price but offers are always welcome.

web size.jpg

web size 2.jpg

web size 3.jpg

2. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

Perfect for a v-box and the heat works good

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Should throw that puppy on craigslist. Might help you sell it quicker. It is a very nice truck, just not what I want since it isnt 4x4. Good luck with your sale!!!!!!!

4. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

Yea I figure thats the case for a lot of guys... but I saw a lot of guys running older chevys and thought they might want it...

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I would love to buy that and have it painted the blue color my dads 86 when he had it, his was a three spd on the column though :) ....i can tell he misses driving that thing!! Good luck with the sale!

6. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

for me a pulling truck has to have a class 3or 4 or a gooseneck setup just me ya will throw it on craigslist u get all kinds of intresting people on there.

7. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

Id like a truck like that, I wonder what it would take to get it to Canada? anybody know?

8. KGRlandscapeing

buying the gas and me a plane ticket and maybe like 200 bucks

9. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

Depends on how far but I will do it for KGRLandscaping's terms lol

10. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

I can have it painted that color for ya... when will you be here to get it?

11. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Piece of cake. Buy it, pay for it, have him fax the title to the border services where you intend to cross 72 hours ahead of time. Go pick up the truck and title, and bill of sale. Bring it back over the border 9-4:30pm and stop on the US side for Export (they stamp the title). Declare it on the Canadian side and pay your taxes and fees (for extra BS like if it has A/C), bring it home, follow their instructions on titling with the Ministry.

Any vehicle 20 years old + is no problem at all. They usually don't even come out to see it, just process the paperwork. My '78 came from Manchester NY and I went thru the process, its very easy.

12. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

ok guys 2500 takes it home

13. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

A lot has changed,
    - I can't get it painted anymore... paint stayes as it is
    -rough idle was a vaccume hose or something of that sort... runs like new
    -new fan clutch and coolant flush done this summer
    -fuel selector switch has also been replaced

I'm going into the Air Force... make me a offer, it has to go

14. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i can post it over on ck5.com for ya. but need your contact info to get ahold of you.

15. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

16. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

New price: $2000

17. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

sale pending

18. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

I hooked a friend up with this truck and we just drove it home, 350 miles and 12 MPG. No problems at all. Truck was just like he said.

Will is a CLASS ACT, Thank You!!! Great to have met you today, and I forgot to tell you good luck in February and be safe.

19. KGRlandscapeing

howd you like ohio?

20. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

Ohio is fine, had to stop at a Waffle House on the way home. We don't have those in Indiana. I also have relatives in Cincy so I go there couple times a year or so. Oh, gotta love the Omish buggys also.