1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1985 3/4 ton How much is it worth?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jrich01, Nov 24, 2003.

1. jrich01

jrich01 Member
    from Ohio

Hey im wonderin what u guys think this truck is worth? :nono:
  2. jrich01

jrich01 Member
    from Ohio

Forgot the pic :confused:

3. jrich01

jrich01 Member
    from Ohio

Last edited: Nov 24, 2003
  4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

If everything is there, and the body is in decent shape( it looks like it is) and the drivetrain is ok, I would say 3500-5000
  5. jrich01

jrich01 Member
    from Ohio

Well im payin 5,000. for it with a landscape trailer. Truck is real clean but underneath the bed looks alil rough. But you dont see any rust in the bed.
  6. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 Member

those chevies rot and rust...that is what they are known for...it doesn't matter what the body looks like...what does it look like underneath?

you will have problems with that truck...not sounding mean, just giving an honest opinion.

i have owned old chevies, fords and dodges.

i have learned one thing...new is cheaper.

7. mxz600

mxz600 Junior Member

With the plow and a landscape trailer, I think 5000 is a good deal. Around here, 3000-4000 for a truck like that with a plow and rusted body.
    I agree that new is nice, but that truck won't be at the dealer for 65 bucks an hour in labor, it will be in your garage cuz you can work on these things yourself. I would jump on it.

bean truck.jpg
  8. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

5,000 seems a little high. 2500-3500 seems a little better at least thats what i would pay. remember older trucks have been worked and older trucks with plows have been worked really hard. make sure the truck is in great running condition because breakin down at 3am really sucks:(
  9. White gold

White gold Junior Member

I would say at least 3,500 probably more like a little over 4,000 :)
  10. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 Senior Member

hey jrich01, I emailed that guy to ask him if he was selling it. He told me no way. Aw well, looks like a good truck anyway. Lucky *******! lol
  11. ilhmt

ilhmt Member

Not sure about the plow truck, but I sure do like the truck parked in the background!!
  12. Joe92GT

Joe92GT Member

Its a hard call. I have an 85 3/4 ton. Lots of parts break, but I also get lost of parts cheap. I love the truck when it doesn't break down, but hate the truck when it does.

Will last a long time.... just needs lots of parts.... right now, mine runs great... just went through 3 clutches, 2 trannies (now auto) and 2 engines :waving:
  13. BigDawg

BigDawg Member

A Chevy Pickup...............$3500.00
    A Landscape Trailer........$1000.00
    A Bud Light Truck Full of Beer....................PRICELESS?
  14. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

A-men there BigDawg :drinkup:
  15. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

Looks like a nice older truck, the price is fair. Not a great deal, but certainly not a bad deal. You probably wouldn't be able to buy a decent newer truck in good shape for 5K, let alone the plow and trailer.
  16. Boots_R_On

Boots_R_On Junior Member

Without driving it as in auction price $800.00
    Driven ,tested and creampuff cond. $1200.00
  17. jrich01

jrich01 Member
    from Ohio

Well i bought the truck off of my cuzin for $5,000.00 with a landscape trailer. The truck got its first plow last year so it doesnt have any wear on it yet. Runs drives like a new truck. Eats gas like a new one to. I just wanted to post this to see if i got a good deal or got f*$ked like people are sayin around here
  18. jrich01

jrich01 Member
    from Ohio

And the beer trailer.. it would be a miracle to have one of those stocked with beer sittin there for me. But its only full of semi tires :mad:
  19. jrich01

jrich01 Member
    from Ohio

Well guys believe me, my cuz is getting a good deal! Not the best but not bad for a great older truck! i paid 3500 for it last spring and began sinking money into it! I had it painted - 1000 had 2000 dollars worth of stuff done to it at my local garage, put a used myers plow on it 500 and bought 1000 worth of rims and tires for it. It has the tires on it you see for plowing and a nice set of steel rims and new tires for the summer. The truck has 115K origanal miles on it and runs really good, little rough in the winter but what 85 carbourated truck doesnt? Also new fan and belts plugs and wires you know the normal, and never been run hard, well for atleast the time Ive owned it! it also has a newer motor, which was installed at 100K I have all the papers on it from the one owner that i bought it off of! Hell the truck has never been over 60 miles an hour when i owned it! And it has a 1 ton rear end in it and doesnt squat for nothing! I know its an older truck but you wouldnt believe the looks i got when i drove it around! And Im so anal about my stuff beleive me it was taken care of!!! So 800 dollars at an auction? I dont think so! Plus he is my cuz so i will help him out if something goes wrong!!! OH it has a cd player in it too and a reese hitch and light hookup! Nothing major but stuff that is nice!!! Plus my trailer has new tires on it and a trimmer rack! So like I said a good deal!!!!