1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1984 K10 4x4

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Farmmedic, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Farmmedic

Farmmedic Junior Member

I have a 84 K10 4x4 that is rusted out real bad. It ws used on the beach to haul fish nets ect. The engine and drive train is fine. What I need to know is will the cab from a 79 C10 bolt on the frame?

2. 78K20

78K20 Member
    from WV

I had a similar problem I rolled my 79 K20 and was looking for a cab. I found a 78 C20. The cab bolted right up but it only had one problem. The transfer case would not fit because the floor is too low. You can tell by looking at both cabs. What I did was unbolted the tunnel from the K20. I cut the tunnel out of the C20. Keep the bolts and clips from the K's tunnel. I drilled holes in the floor of the C20 so the tunnel would bolt on and match.
    I put the bolts in and miged the clips to the bottom of the cab floor. The rear of the tunnel will have to be cut from the K and welded in the C to match. Besides this problem everthing else lined up well. Hope this helps::salute:

3. 78K20

78K20 Member
    from WV

I think that the cab will still match the 84 frame. I am not sure the main thing that I would check to see is if the cab mounts are in the same place and if the frame is the same length

4. camperspecial

camperspecial Junior Member

I believe the difference will be the cab mounts. 4x4's and 3/4 tons use taller mounts. The cabs should be pretty much the same. Also older mounts usually compress with age. You can see this on older trucks. The bed is mounted to the frame without any rubber, so the body lines of the cab don't match up to the bed if they are compressed. Check out LMC and order there Chevy catalog. There are very good diagrams and you can order a complete mount kit if needed, or just the parts you need.