1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1984 GMC 2500 6.2 and plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ajchuck, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajchuck

ajchuck Junior Member
    from Iowa

I am thinking about getting out from behind this truck. It is a 1984 GMC sierra 2500 6.2L diesel Reg cab 4X4 with 57,848 actual miles with a 7'6" Great American plow. The truck runs great and 4x4 works. The truck needs some work. The brakes don't really work, it has some electrical issues with the tail lights and turn signals, it will also need a new pass. door(last owner hit a pole with the mirror and ripped it off). There are some rips in the seat on the driver side. The plow is a 7'6" steel plow with 3 trip springs, under the hood pump, and power angles. Everything on the plow works great it just needs a little work to the A frame to get back into operation.

I am looking for $1500.00 for the truck and plow setup together.

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Any pictures? Seems overpriced to me!

3. duramax-king

duramax-king Senior Member

2nd on the pics

4. ajchuck

ajchuck Junior Member
    from Iowa

I have tried to upload as an attachment but they keep failing so I am guessing they are too big. Either give me your e-mail address and I will send them or I will try to find a program to make them smaller.

5. duramax-king

duramax-king Senior Member

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Microsoft Photo Editor and Paint both can resize your pics.

I don't much about the 6.2, but for $1,500 it would be decent yard truck at the least. Sounds driveable with some work.

7. ajchuck

ajchuck Junior Member
    from Iowa

I forgot to mention it has a newer starter on it and the trans was just replaced a couple of years ago.

Here is a link to the pictures... http://achosting.net/plow/main.php?g2_itemId=27. The picture of the aux fuel tank in the back is the fuel tank.

$1500 or willing to trade for a complete plow setup for a 2003 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

8. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

I've plowed for about 8 years with a 84 and 86' chevy with the 6.2 and they are a great old diesel. They are actually made by detroit( DD power). Still plowing with the same diesel,with the turbo and they call it a 6.5 in 93'. Lol

9. ajchuck

ajchuck Junior Member
    from Iowa

When I was plowing with it before the A frame bent on me it plowed great. The plow came from the state of Iowa as a plow truck and that's all it has done. No the odometer has not rolled over in case someone is wondering.

10. ajchuck

ajchuck Junior Member
    from Iowa

Ttt..........

11. ajchuck

ajchuck Junior Member
    from Iowa

Any Offers?

12. ajchuck

ajchuck Junior Member
    from Iowa

Truck is on ebay..... Would rather sell it here.

13. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

whatever stepped on your a-frame also took a bite outta your driver side rocker panel :) sorry just had to ....... but free bump good luck

14. ajchuck

ajchuck Junior Member
    from Iowa

ttt..........

15. ajchuck

ajchuck Junior Member
    from Iowa

Any Offers? Need this truck gone!

16. ajchuck

ajchuck Junior Member
    from Iowa

I have someone interested in the truck. Anyone interested in the plow?

17. ajchuck

ajchuck Junior Member
    from Iowa

Truck Sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.