1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1984 Ford F150 Shortbox 2wd w/Rebuilt Engine

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by derekbroerse, Nov 27, 2004.

1. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

This truck was taken as a partial trade for some work done, maybe someone on here can use it.

It's rough but has lots of decent parts. 4.9L straight six engine was rebuilt a few thousand km's ago before the truck was taken off the road in 1998. AOD tranny was supposedly working fine, they used to take this truck on hunting trips (long distance driving).... actually hunting was the reason for the new engine! One of 'em got liquored up and accidentally let his gun go off and shot a hole thru the block, so they needed a new engine to get home. Pretty sure it is an 8.8" rear axle.

The bed is repairable with a wheelwell patch on each side and a small patch just ahead of the rear bumper. I have fixed worse... flat panels like this are a piece of cake.

The bummer part is that I have no title for the truck, so it is for parts only.
    You can either take the whole thing or just what you want and leave the rest here. It is complete less the drivers window (someone stole it.. unreal.. ) and a hubcap or two.

I have had the engine running by directly feeding it fuel--doesn't want to suck up the fresh gas I put in the tank. Probably a bad line or filter, worst case a bad pump... but engine sounded very healthy and no smoke--even the exhaust looks fairly 'recent' (prior to decommission).

I was asking $500 obo for it, but make an offer if you can use it. I can get $85/ton for the truck at the local scrap crusher but what a waste! But one way or another I really need this truck gone, so if that is what I have to do, then I will.

Can anyone rescue this thing? Good chassis for a pro-streeter, or a good efficient motor for a plowtruck or van! Pretty sure they used that same motor from the 70's right thru the mid 90's....

I can deliver within a reasonable distance inside of Ontario for $1.50/loaded mile as predicted by mapquest.... maybe a bit pricey but my truck is pretty horrendous on fuel, so pickup is preferred!

2. derekbroerse

Light surface rust and dirt from sitting the past few years...

3. derekbroerse

If anyone can use it, make an offer. At this point I will probably be keeping it until springtime at the latest, mainly because it has its own snowdrift to sit in back there right now ;)
  4. derekbroerse

I'm a stubborn bas tard, and I detest seeing perfectly good stuff getting wasted.

I can't bring myself to scrap this thing as long as it has that motor in it. I haven't gotten around to yanking it either, too many other important things to do.

Someone make me an offer on either the motor or the whole thing.... feel free to come strip it yourself and take anything you like.