1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1984 ford f-350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 1977ford250, Feb 1, 2009.

1. 1977ford250

1977ford250 Junior Member
    from ct

Hi. i am looking to buy a 1984 f-350 dump with a 2 yr old western plow with 64000 miles. The problem is is that the truck is only 2wd. i was wondering if with a sander in the back do you think i could plow residential drives in 2wd. thanks for any help

2. wildbro 1

wildbro 1 Junior Member

yes you can as long is there isnt a huge incline to go up or down my buddy plows with a 2 wheel drive dually that sits really close to the ground in the front weight in the box is your best chance

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

You can get away with it but there are draw backs to it.
    Use the search function on the gray line above.
    Search: Plowing with a 2 wheel drive - ect.
    There will be hours of reading on it.
    With a dump and weight you can do it. Chains on the tires with a heavy snow and doing it smart will go a long way. You just have to know the trucks limitations.

4. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

Be careful back dragging when it's deep and wet. I got stuck twice this year doing that in four wheel drive. Also the a$$ end is going to want to walk over on you. If your along side a ditch or something could be trouble. Always run chains. I had a chance to get a similar rig free this year, I turned it down I think it would be more trouble than it's worth.

5. vinnys

vinnys Senior Member

Search this in New York Craigs list. 86 FORD F350 4X4 DUMP- PLOW- SANDER 67K ORG. MILES - $7500 (SHIRLEY)

6. vinnys

vinnys Senior Member

7. vinnys

vinnys Senior Member

8. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

I couldnt use our 85 ford dump to do drives. Parking lots were fine but in driveways just spinning tires unless it's only 2-3 inches and a flat driveway. Can't get away with chains around here. And it's a stick which suck azz plowing