1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1984 F150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by GLC, Feb 3, 2001.

1. GLC

GLC Junior Member

I have a 84 Ford F150 that started smoking. I was wondering should I rebuild the motor and if I do, do u all know any place where I can get a 302 motor for this truck? It is a nice looking truck and I hate to sell it just cuz the motor is going bad. Any and all replies are appreciated.

2. BobbyB

BobbyB Junior Member

Glc i don't know if jasper engines are available in alabma or not i will try to se if they have a website i've heard alot of good things about there engines. Bobby
  3. BobbyB

BobbyB Junior Member

4. Evan528

Evan528 PlowSite.com Veteran

A new engine is going to cost you more than the entire truck is worth.
  5. Craig Jones

Craig Jones Junior Member

I put an Jasper 302 in my mercury two years ago. Same engine. It ran me about 1900.00 and $650.00 labor to install it. I have put about 30,000 miles on it so far and has been a great engine. The only problem is the engine is worth more than the car but it is reliable.

The web site is http://www.jasperengines.com.
  6. 65hoss

65hoss Junior Member

Fred Jones is the authorized remanufacturer of ford motors. Call the local dealership and they might can get you a #. I bought one in 1992 and paid around $1000 then. I don't know what they are now but it has been a great motor. Remanufactured is always better than rebuilt.