1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1984 Dodge Power Ram W200

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by DAZ982500, Jun 29, 2008.

1. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

I purchased this truck 2 months ago with Fisher Conventional Plow has 125 K mileage on it.I got it from a person I know from the gym,he is older plowed only his driveway he is the original owner.My question is does anyone know about the history of this era of Dodge 3/4 ton trucks.He assures me that it has alot of power/torque.He explains that when it is in the "Grany gear" it will pretty much push/pull anything.It is a back up truck but I am thinking it might be the primary truck this year.The main truck is a 95 Chevy 1/2 ton with brand new plow.Anyway I do not have it licensed or on the road yet,I have a SnowEx 1075 tailgate salter to mount too.Who can give information on the suitability of this truck for what I want to do.It is a manual transmission also.DAVE
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I take it it's a stick with a hydro pump for the plow. I used a chevy that was the same it will push anything out of its way. Just push the clutch it and gas it a little and the plow will pop right up.