1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1980's GMC C35 Crew Cabs For Sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by derekbroerse, Jan 29, 2008.

1. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Having a little trouble paying some bills with slow payers and a snowless January... and have more projects than I have time for. Thinking I may liquidate a few things if people on here can use them.

Going to start with a pair of trucks. One at a time, of course. They both were bought at auction in the summer at the same time as my Pumpkin so I don't have a whole lot of history on them. I'll describe them the best I can.

They're both 2wd Crew Cabs, suitable for salter trucks, dump/flatbed conversions, lawn work, construction, you name it. Not my first choice for plowing, but not unheard of. Currently lettered up with vinyl, it peels right off.

We'll start with the '82 GMC. Orange (ameteur looking paintjob with ratty worktruck blue interior). WAS a fancier truck at one point but a lot of the chrome trim has been removed. Relatively good body, still has some rust where the rockers meet the floors, and the bottoms of the doors are a little flakey (drivers door has a crack on the inside, never seen one like that). Some small dents, it was a work truck of course. Inside of the bed is banged up some but I will include a drop-in liner for it that will hide it. Nice backrack on it. Goofy Dukes of Hazzard front pushbar needs to be rewelded or removed. Interior needs a good cleaning and some cheap seat covers to be livable.

Has 292 straight six, TH400, and 14 bolt single rear wheels. Engine runs but needs at minimum a head gasket... its blowing compression out the front somewhere. Seems to drive and stop fine, just completely gutless like this. Battery was junk and removed. Over 200000kms, not sure on the exact number.

I was going to swap the truck over to a rebuilt 350 but don't have the time. I have more than enough parts to do the job, including the engine, and they are available at extra cost.

Cap on the back is not included, its just sitting there for storage. If someone wanted it I could sell it cheap enough I guess. Also the truck will need tires, I'm swiping the newish ones on it and will provide 'rollers'.

Has a tranny cooler on it. Sturdy rear receiver hitch. Backrack is in nice shape and worth a few bucks by itself. Brand new door key, and ignition cylinder and key (they were missing when I bought it, had a locksmith come down).

I'm asking $750obo for the truck, keep in mind it needs work but if you are handy with the tools it could be done very cheap. Even the orange paint looks presentable from 20 feet away (peel the decals off) even though its peeling a bunch from poor prep (mainly on the hood).

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  2. derekbroerse

A couple more pix. Forgot to take one of the engine, it looks like a straight six! :D

3. derekbroerse

The second truck is similar, I believe its an '88 GMC C35 Crew Cab (still old body style). Features 350TBI, TH400, and 14 bolt single rear wheels. 200000+kms, not sure on the exact number.

Truck is red, with red vinyl interior. Body needs some attention, typical rust areas like rockers, rear wheel arches, etc. and some dents. Patch panels are available very cheap from Cross Canada, LMC, JC Whitney, etc. if you or a friend can weld, glue, or rivet. Side mirrors missing/broken. Interior is again, typical work truck.

Engine runs surprisingly well, little puff of blue on cold startup. Very likely just valve seals. Runs clean and strong after it warms up. Dual tanks, don't know if they both work. Tranny shifts well, drives well but has a blown brake line. Exhaust is held up with a ratchet strap, but not noisy. Again, no battery. I believe it had a three core rad. Tranny cooler. Sturdy rear hitch (pintle maybe? Don't remember)

I have no photos ready of this one, mainly because I never really considered selling it, but if anyone is interested I will go out and take some.

Asking $750obo for this one too. Again, a project that can be done cheaply and easily, and perfect for your lawncare crew to drive around--when they hit it with the mower you won't cry!
  4. derekbroerse

Theres actually a third one, a white '89 GMC, again a C35 crewcab.

TBI 350, TH400, 14 bolt single rear wheels. 200000+kms. Runs the same as the red one, puff of blue on startup, then clears. Runs and drives strong. Dual tanks, again, don't know if they work. No battery.

Body needs some work, light hit on left front corner (bumper and fender) and has some rust. Missing tailgate I believe, but I'm sure I have one I can include.

Tan vinyl interior, in better shape, actually my intention had been to rob it for another truck but I can do something else if this sells.

Has backrack and large amber strobe light on it. Tow hitch.

Again, can get more pics if anyone is seriously interested. Cold and wet out there if they're not serious. :p

Again, asking $750 obo.
  5. derekbroerse

All trucks could easily be parted out for more than my asking price, heck probably worth around $500 each just in scrap metal... but I think they have some life left in them for the right person. Clear titles for all. They had leins against them but my purchase of them was supposed to clear that up (according to Bailiff who sold them to me). If there is any trouble that way for any reason I can contact him and get him to fix it.

OK I guess technically the 88 and 89 are R35's, not C's.... square body!
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2008