1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1980 GMC K/25 Plow Truck - NJ

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Chuck Smith, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

1980 GMC K/25 - 350 Jasper motor, less than 30,000 miles on it. Only a 2bbl carb on it, but I have the original 4bbl with manifold. TH350 trans with less than 20,000 miles on it. NP 205 (yes, a 205) transfer case. 14 bolt 10.5" ring gear FF GM Rear, 10 bolt front axle with Spicer hubs, 4.11:1 axle ratio. Meyer E-47 pump and ST-90 plow, cutting edge on plow is in excellent condition. Truck has about 140,000 miles on it (it is not here, can't check the odometer). Does not burn or leak any fluids. All U joints are good.

Work truck, has it's share of rust on the cab, hood, and fenders. It has been sitting a year, but until it was parked it was driven daily. Cooper Discoverer tires (not much left treadwise), 33" x 12" on 16.5 (rusty) white wagon rims. Cloth bucket seats no rips or tears. Huge oak center console for tools. Floor is carpeted and carpet is in excellent condition. Floors are solid, but cab floor supports need to be replaced. Both rocker panels need to be replaced. Both front fenders and inner fenders need to be replaced (or not, it's your choice) they are structurally sound, no "flapping" parts. Stock replacement exhaust and cat is 3 years old, but only about 10,000 miles on it (cost me $546). Doors are buckled, but I have complete used doors with glass in perfect condition. Bed was replaced in 1996 with a bed from an 87. Chassis under the bed was stripped, sanded and painted, and clear coated. Underside of bed painted with special marine paint to prevent rust. A few small rot holes in the bed floor near the tailgate. Spare tailgate in excellent condition, with brushed aluminum insert. Spare used radiator. Front driveshaft was rebuilt 3 years ago, it is perfect, with less than 1,000 miles on it (cost me $300). Spare used front driveshaft. All brake lines replaced, steel and flex lines between 1996 (rear) and 2000 (front). Fuel tank is 5 years old (22 gal.). 40 Channel CB radio. Aux fusebox under the hood. Grant GT steering wheel. Aux cab interior lights. 205 transfer case to TH350 trans coupler shaft replaced less than 1,000 miles ago. Transfer case to trans seal replaced too.

Truck cab is forest green, and bed is burgundy. I never primed the bed because the burgundy paint was perfect and planned to paint the whole truck green (never happened).

Aside from the rust the truck was maintained EXTREMELY well.

$800 firm. Priced for a quick sale. Don't even attempt to talk me down. You could make the $800 back just parting out this truck. The motor and trans/tcase are worth $800.

My buddy's grandmother is getting sick of looking at it in her driveway....

E mail or send me a PM if interested.