1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1980 Ford F-250 4x4 with Western 7.5 Plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by NJ Plowman, Oct 12, 2007.

1. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

For Sale - $4500

1980 Ford F250 3/4-Ton 4x4
    351 V8
    4 Spd w/Creeper Low Gear
    Superwinch Manual Locking Front Hubs
    Power Steering
    Power Brakes
    Sony AM/FM/CD Radio
    Brand New GOODYEAR 10ply tires mounted and balanced on Stock Wheels
    Brand New "Harley davidson Luxury Blue" Paint
    Brand New 850amp Megatron Battery
    Aluminum Daimond Plate Running Boards
    Aluminum Diamond Plate Bed rails
    Aluminum Diamond Plate Front Bed Panel
    Rear Step Bumper
    Complete Western 7 1/2 Foot Power Angle Plow Setup

This truck runs excellent and is in excellent condition both inside and out. The plow was just serviced, the engine was just tuned, the tires and battery are brand new and it is ready to drive anywhere. The plow is also in excellent working condition.

In New Jersey this vehicle qualifies for "Antique QQ" license plates and insurance. With the "Antique" plates you pay $44 to register it ONCE FOR THE LIFE OF THE TRUCK and you NEVER have to go to state inspection. The antique insurance is $93 per year with a $15,000 agreed upon value and mileage of 2500 miles a year.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  2. kwegman003

kwegman003 Member

very cool truck. love it

3. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

how much are you asking for it

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Uh its the first thing in the Post.

How many times are people going to ask that question when something gets posted for sale. Do you guys read, or just look at the pictures?

TO ANSWER HE IS ASKING $4500

5. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

How much?

JK

6. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I am only asking $4500.00 for the truck complete with the Western plow setup.

I figure between the Western Plow, Harley Luxury Blue Paint, Goodyear 10ply Tires and wheels, and the diamond plate accessories I got about that much just in parts alone, so I figure $4500.00 is a fair price for it. Inside and out, this truck is like new!

7. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Thats a nice looking truck, and I'm not even into Fords! Wish we had 'antique' status like that... are you sure the insurance would cover you in an accident while the truck is working?

I have 'Historic Vehicle' plates on my Beaumont. They limit the use of the car to car shows, parades, and repair shops.... I still use it for special occasions like weddings and such and keep regular insurance on it. I think a cop would have to be a real ******** to give you trouble for doing that....

8. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

The "Historic" plates are basically used like any other license plates but you never need to go to State Inspection and you only pay a one time fee of $44 for the registration. The antique insurance covers pleasure riding only with a limit of 2500 miles per year and costs about $90.

If you didn't plow commercially (meaning you just did your own driveway) and needed a pick up as a second vehicle, a truck like this would be ideal because there the yearly cost of owning the truck is only $90, insurance and registration included!

You could put the Historic plates on it and use regular or commercial insurance and the benefits would be no inspection and no renewal registration fee, or you could put regular or commercial plates on it, you have many options.

The savings over a two or three year period in registration and insurance could pay for the initial cost of the truck!

9. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Thats fantastic! Wish we could do that....

10. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

It's a small asset for living in Jersey year round!

11. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

For all those that keep asking, yes I would consider taking something in on a trade...

Somebody come give it a new home, I am running out of yard space to keep everything!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  12. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

She needs a good home...

13. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Mostly I just look at the pictures.

14. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Well, did you at least like the pictures? I took them myself...

15. Detroitdan

Naw, I don't like Fords.

16. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Dan,

My entire little fleet is old Chevy's, you can't kill them.

I am not a big Ford fan myself, but this truck must have been ordered HEAVY DUTY from the factory because it is a monster!

17. Detroitdan

Yeah, it does look pretty darn good. I love a nice clean older truck. Almost too nice to be a plow truck, hate to submit it to the salt and abuse. But not quite old enough to retire it and make it a show truck. I restored a 79 Chevy, frame-off, new drivetrain, but still used it for plowing. I had 35s on chrome wheels in the summer and stock painted white wheels with hubcaps in the winter. I got more compliments in the winter when it looked stock.
    Good luck

18. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I still have a hard time thinking of it as an antique!

19. PerfectProperty

PerfectProperty Member

What would you want to trade for it?

20. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I guess my best answer would be "What do you have?"...

A quad 4x4with a plow would be nice...
    A jeep CJ with an Auto Trans for my girl would be nice...
    A beautiful woman would be nice...

I don't know, what do you have?