1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1980-91 ford mount

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by advancedcustoms, Sep 21, 2011.

1. advancedcustoms

advancedcustoms Junior Member
    from west ky

new to this forum but not to snow removeal and looking 4 a old style 1980-91 ford mount to buy. took my off to have it and a frame sand blasted but some one stole them for scrap . can anyone near me help?

2. D&FServices

D&FServices Junior Member

I'm not sure but I'm going to guess it's for a Western UniMount? Put wanted ads on craigslist. I ran an ad on there and had a couple of replies here in Mo and ended up getting one 10 miles down the road. Also keep an eye on ebay. I also did a search on google and found one at a place called storks or stokes auto or something like that but it was pricey. May be worth a shot, plow seasons getting close.

3. advancedcustoms

advancedcustoms Junior Member
    from west ky

thank for the info been on c.l. and ebey for weeks with no lucky as 4 the type its befor unamount just the old lights and pump all year type

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Storks Auto
    http://www.storksauto.com/index.php/

about 40 minutes from me, but agree their prices can be on the high side.

5. D&FServices

D&FServices Junior Member

I see. So that's the old cable style then? May be hard to find one of those. Most were probably still on trucks that were scrapped and the rest are still mounted on old trucks out behind peoples barns and such. Good luck I hope you turn something up in the next couple of weeks.