1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1979 IH S1900 10' boss v and spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by bossplowguy, Jun 29, 2009.

1. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

I no longer need this big of a truck and need to sell it. It's a 1979 IH, has a 10' boss vee plow with new formed cutting edges ($550.00), a monroe tailgate spreader (like new), new floor in dump box 3/16 thick (just paid $1,500 to have this done). Tires are in really good shape, dt466 engine runs great, unit was completely serviced last fall (coolant flush, filters, grease, checked over) has the allison auto which works fine, also all brake lines and master cylinder have been repalced. The only problem with the truck is the steering box needs to be replaced (I am looking for one as of now because the truck is still in use) Asking 8,500 for it or a reasonable offer I also have more pics if intrested

plow front.jpg

under box.jpg

plow truck 007.jpg

plow truck 003.jpg

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Miles? How about more pics?
  3. bossplowguy

just over 100k miles is what the odometer says. Give me your email addy and i will send ya some more pics...thanks
  4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I like that a lot. I didn't know the hoods were interchangeable. Good luck with the sale.
  5. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

That's exactely what I am looking for, too bad you are 10 hours away (each way).

I sent you a pm with my e mail adress for pics.

Do you feel that truck would handel a 600 mile trip ok?

6. bossplowguy

ok, so today I had a guy look at the steering. It had air in the system, so he bled it and added more fluid and it seems to be working fine now.
  7. bossplowguy

no one? anyone?
  8. juspayme

juspayme Senior Member

2000 grand ill buy it its old, lots of things can go wrong.
  9. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Your smoking dope if you think 2k would buy that truck.
  10. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Cretebaby, whoever this guy is, he has a lot of personal opinion comments. Nice truck, I am trying to convince a friend to buy it.
  11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  12. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I sent you a PM. I am very interested and have cash waiting if you reply. Thanks
  13. bossplowguy

still for sale, it's gotta go
  14. Elite Building

Elite Building Junior Member

please give me a call i'm intrested have a few questions.
    I'm in rockford IL not a bad drive JOHN 815-509-1851
  15. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

You don't have air on your CDL?
  16. bulldog excavat

bulldog excavat Junior Member

Dump Truck

Mr Boss Plow Guy,
    I also have an International dump truck, much like yours only it's a 1984. I have been going back and forth on purchasing a pickup with a plow or buying a plow for the dump truck. My friend who has commercial snow removal accounts (various sizes), is trying to get me to be on standby for his accounts as well as the promise of some of my own. I would like to use my dump, since I already own it, but everyone is telling me it is too large. Is this your experience with parking lots? Also would you sell just the plow? and if so how much?
  17. Tedster

Tedster Junior Member

Dump truck

What is mileage? Does it have air brakes? Does it have dual fuel tanks & what size? What shape are tires?Where is truck located? How old is plow? Please e-mail me pics of all sides & inside of truck & tires. Thanks Joe.
  18. bossplowguy

tedster give me your email and i will send pics. PRICE DROP $7,000.....needs to go
  19. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

My trade offer still stands ;)