1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1979 F-250 mount help

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Firefytr29wfd, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Firefytr29wfd

Firefytr29wfd Junior Member

I am in need of some help. I recently purchased a Meyer conventional 7.5' plow for my 79 F-250. It was an eBay auction, and was stated to come with all mounts for a 79 F-250. It came with all mounts, except that the lower frame mount was Sawzall'd off and it only came with the crossbar, no side brackets. The upper mount/hoop is correct and intact, just the undercarriage mount was cut off.

What I am in search of is someone who has a 77 1/2 to 79 F-250 4x4 with a Meyers plow who could take a picture of their frame mounts so I have some reference when I go to build my mounts.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

Jason GO to the Meyer Plow site on this Site & Ask there! as some of the older Meyers Guys will HELP YOU! I had a simular problem w/ an older FISHER & I went to the Coffee Shop locally & looked over older plows as they came in--& I lucked OUT as I was looking over One the Guy came & asked? what I was Doing? & I told HiM--maybe? this will Help You Out? & He Pulled Exactally what I needed out of His Tool Box & handed it to ME & He even handed Me the Bolts to Install IT! GEE Thanks what do I owe YOU? Nothing! Glad I could HELP! & He told ME He operates a small Garage & has a lot of Fisher Parts! so If I have a Problem? Drop over! Proving Plowers are a great bunch of GUYS! Ole Tower