1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1979 Bobcat 313 with homemade plow for home use

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by latency, Feb 15, 2010.

1. latency

latency Junior Member
    from Ohio

9 months ago, we found a 1979 Bobcat 313 on craigslist for virtually nothing. Living out with about 1.7 acres, and a 500 foot driveway, a small bobcat can come in very handy. I bought the cat along with my dad. I use it in the warm months to maintain the mini-motox track, this winter, we decided to adapt my ATV cycle country plow for use with the cat.

Here is the finished product. All of the steel used in the build of a homemade universal bobcat mount was found in my Dad's neighborhood. His neighbors have a habit of throwing away steel bedframes...so he collected them. Free is always good!

Here are some shots pushing snow. Even though it is little, the 313 does a really nice job, even with 15" of snow:

2. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

looks good. amazing how tiny it is. if one of your neighbors throws out plow thats a little bigger i would go with that. just dont go too big. looks great though!
  3. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Very nice, I am amazed that it actually looks like it could be alot newer. They really don't change the look that much over the years. Nice find!
  4. neutron

neutron Junior Member
    from Mass

I have one for sale right now with a 4' plow. Brand new tires and wheels, vinyl enclosure, runs great. I have user and service manuals. Not giving it away lol looking for 3K

5. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

more info please
  6. latency

latency Junior Member
    from Ohio

Any pics of the enclosure? I would like one myself for winters!