1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1978 Ford F250 Pushbar

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by nintodno, Mar 17, 2016.

1. nintodno

nintodno Junior Member

I have a 1978 Ford F250 I am putting a western MVP plow on. I was wondering if I could put the push bar braces on the cross member or if this is not a good idea. As you know they do not make western mounts for these trucks anymore any help would be appreciated. THANKS

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Pic of where you want to mount would be helpful. Do you have a donor mount you plan to modify or building everything?

3. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

I can't help answer the question, but I'd love to see a 78 Ford with the new technology!

4. nintodno

nintodno Junior Member

It is a Uni Mount plow I was just wondering if putting the push beam braces running back would work if I put them on the crossmember instead of putting them on the frame rail. I can send you pictures if you want.

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I would much rather see them attached to the frame. I also want to see this truck.