1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1978 F250 4x4 Northman plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by kipcom, Jan 30, 2004.

1. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

1978 F250 4x4 Northman 7.5' plow, 4spd. motor locked up. Everything else works just fine. Body is rusty but has been temp.repaired and painted. Tires are like new and 2 like new spares. Cab is solid, floor is solid, all glass, good heater.

$ 500.00 buys it

Contact kip@indysnowplowers.com

grinch03 (288 x 216).jpg

Last edited: Jan 30, 2004
  2. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

What motor is it???

3. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

351 / 400 2bbl

4. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Many people interested....still available.

5. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Ford mechanic needed to help this O'l truck back on the road to plow'ville.

6. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I have the motor for it if anyone wants it $350

351 with a 400 crank, bored 0.030 over

400m.jpg

7. driftbuster

driftbuster Junior Member

Nate
    Is that engine rebuilt or does it need rebuilding or does it run ok?

8. Big Nate's Plowing

it has less then 15k on a fresh complete teardown and new rotating assembly. it was a good motor, took 5th place in some mud drags I raced in. never ran hot

9. crashz

crashz Senior Member

I have a motor (390 + whole drivetrain) looking for a good truck, and $500 burning a hole in my pocket, but no way to get the truck to the east coast. :(

10. driftbuster

driftbuster Junior Member

Big Nate
    could you pm or email me your number so we can talk out a deal would you take a paypal payment to hold it for me??
    Got a good engine now but mite be doing a timing belt job shortly so I would throw yours in and total bebuild mine
    my email is outdrscene@aol.com
    thanks driftbuster

11. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Is that your Grinch Mobile? I will probably take it if it is still around.

Besides the motor, how is the rest of the drivetrain? And how are the plow mechanics?

12. Filer

Filer Member
    from Canada

I can't believe this isn't gone yet. If you were near me for $500.00 I'da been there in 5 minutes to snap that deal up.

13. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Its still forsale...C'mon folks it has to go, I have 1 to many plow trucks in my driveway. Plowmeister...The plow works just fine. The rest of the drivetrain is ok. It ran fine, would make trips to westfield with no problem from Indy.

14. Plow Meister

COnsider it sold. I will get with you the first of next week. I should be able to send you a check by Saturday and will pick the truck up on or before the week of 2-16 if you will let the beast sit there for a couple weeks.

15. Big Nate's Plowing

still have the motor if anyone is interisted also have a big block c-6 ford trans waiting for a 205

16. Plow Meister

Nate

Meet everyone in MI next month (3-6). I think I have an engine, but if not I may be interested in yours. Is it a complete turnkey or just a sb?

17. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

SOLD

SOLD to > Plowmeister < Thanks for all the responses.

18. Big Nate's Plowing

it is drop it in and go, might have to tweak the carb a little or use the old one. last time it ran she pegged the 60 psi oil pressure gauge at startup and sustained 30-40 psi at high idle

19. Plow Meister

I still need to check and see if I have a motor for the truck. If not, and you can make it to MI for the get together, I will take it from you.

20. Stovezbt

Stovezbt Junior Member

Kipcom-

Man you're killing me. I missed this or something. I would have taken it off you hands, but it is to late. I think that my brother has 2 motors setting that would have went right in. Still hoping for more snow, but the ice won't go away.

Ask steve your truck would have went nice with our farm rig.

kickin myself in sheridan

Scott