1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1978 1 Ton

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by huskypride11, Jun 25, 2012.

1. huskypride11

huskypride11 Junior Member

Anyone here use a 70's Ford 1 ton for plowing? I am thinking about putting my cab and motor, trans, etc. on this 1 ton frame and axles that someone has on craigslist. http://eauclaire.craigslist.org/cto/3091724899.html

It should hold up pretty good with those axles I would imagine. I gotta 351m, C6 trans mounted to a NP205 t case. How is the plowing mpg's with for that haha

I would rather do this than spend 10k on a new f250 rig.
  2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Looks like a 2wd. If it were a 4x4 with a high pinion d60, it would be worth more than his asking price
  3. huskypride11

huskypride11 Junior Member

Yes, it doesn't look like there a locker there. I didn't notice that before. I don't know if its worth it to go buy a couple axles and a plow to put on my truck.
  4. donaldderby

donaldderby Junior Member

i use when been a couple years since actually plowing with it but about 6-8 mpg with heavy plowing but thats with a big block locker in the rear and 4.10 gears front and rear. Also i only use 4wd when im stuck.