1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1977 chevy project truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by john mc, May 17, 2011.

1. john mc

john mc Member

What have i gotten my self into . I am building this truck for my :dizzy:daughter. I think this is some form of mid life crisis on my part. The truck is a mint body 1977 c 10 and i am putting it on a 1976 K5 blazer chassis. it has a 6 inch lift kit . 35 inch supper swampers boggers. Now i am in the middle of installing a Tune port injection. its a challenge for me but it is coming along nicely. I will post some pics

77 chevy .jpg
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

wow! what a crisis ! hope she dont wreck it first time out like my sister did on a fine jet black 1967 elcameno .
  3. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

Cool project. I hope she likes it. Is she helping you on the project?
  4. john mc

john mc Member

she is learning . last weekend we where installing the 4.10 gears and the locker rear end.I have the tune port running. But i think i have a bad maf sensor . all it does is idle and it wont start unless I un plug it.
    but it is running . more pics soon
  5. john mc

john mc Member

just wanted to add a couple pics. the tune port runs great. we installed the 4.10 locker rear ,some bogger tires on some cheap used wheels. she has been painting all weekend lol she has paint all over her.
    It was a shame the cab i pulled off the K5 frame was my brothers he loved this truck. it was a 1973 with factory a/c. but it was junk.

getting ready to pull cab.jpg

pullinf it off.jpg

73 chevy on trailer.jpg

k5 waiting for new body.jpg
  6. john mc

john mc Member

one more picture. the Monster in a box (transmission) should be here tuesday. we have to get it done soon. we are missing the mud bogging season

tuned port inj.jpg