1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1976 Ford F250 4x4

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by devinm, Aug 12, 2009.

1. devinm

devinm Junior Member

Just picked up this 1976 Ford F250 4x4 with the 351m... Took it right to the shop to get the major repairs done and in a couple weeks I'll start doing what I can do to it. Anyone have experience plowing with a '73 - '79 ford? I like the dragon painted on the hood, I think I'll keep it :) Plow will be put on next month.

2. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Holt Sh*t that thing's awesome! I haven't seen a truck with such a sweet dragon painted on the hood in a long time!

I had a 78 F150 that I plowed with and it worked great. It wasn't the most comfortable truck to plow in, but it moved snow fine and never gave me a problem. Come to think of it, that truck was one of the most reliable I've ever had. Good luck.
  3. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Where you found that?

Look nice.

You would need make mount to fit frame.
  4. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

wow nice dragon! i love high boy's nice find! What all are you having done to it? Looks good
  5. devinm

devinm Junior Member

Thanks for the dragon compliments. I'd go take a better picture but it'll be in the shop for a couple weeks. The 4 wheel drive needed some work, the oil pan was leaking, it wouldn't shift into park, it was leaking oil from a couple other places... Other than that it runs strong. I found the truck on Craigslist.

Once I get it back from the shop I will do my own mods. Give it a tune up, add some bright reverse lights, get the turn signals working, other cosmetic things. Also needs a radio because it'll be a boring winter at 3am with nothing to listen to.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  6. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

That truck has an attidude! Nice Score.
  7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Might try LMCtruck.com or millsupply.com to find that missing piece of trim or whatever it needs. They have restore parts and pieces.
    My Dad bought a 68,73 and a 78 ---> F-250's 4X4's XLT brand new, just like it, He added Meyer plows. He owned them till they needed the 4th set of wiper blades, then he traded them in and bought new.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  8. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

how much did you get it for?
  9. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

I just sold my restored 79 plow truck last spring. It plowed snow like no other truck I have been in.
  10. devinm

devinm Junior Member

$600. I'm looking forward to plowing snow with it this winter.. should be out of the shop tomorrow.
  11. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

holyshh*t stole it