1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1975 Ford F250

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Crumm, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I have an oldie but goody.

sm plow truck 002.jpg

2. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I built a custom mount/bumper for it.

sm plow truck 003.jpg

3. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I thought I had a Western blade since the control's and pump are but after sanding off 3 layers of paint the last one was yellow with a Meyers sticker on it. I had already bought the paint so I call it a Western conversion.

sm plow truck 004.jpg

4. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I will try to get some daylight action shots one of these days for some of you "old" Ford enthusiasts but we have very limited daylight here in Fairbanks.

sm plow truck 001.jpg

5. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Kevin,

Very nice truck, your right oldie but most deffinately a goodie, I see alot of older GM's but never to many Ford's. I bleed Ford blue, so I really appreciate seeing the older versions.

Love to see a few of that baby in action :D

6. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

the truck is just to nice:D

7. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Plowing the ditch today for an action shot.

sm plowing 007.jpg

8. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

other side

sm plowing 010.jpg

9. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Need more snow......

sm plowing 002.jpg

10. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Steep hill to plow:p :rolleyes: ;)

sm plowing 003.jpg

11. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

LOL LOL Steep HIll, that's perfect, let's see the GM's do that !!:nod: :nod:

12. KIOTR

KIOTR Junior Member

got to love those older fords!My dad had --I wanna say 68?
    F350 tow truck --well same body style anyway and that thing
    was
    jacked to the sky and super heavy duty--maybe I can find
    an old pic with the fisher plow on it. I also worked on an
    estate a long time ago that had a 79 F250 and I used to
    love driving that truck.anyways---nice truck!

13. GpGuy84

GpGuy84 Member

Sweet truck! There is nothing like a red F-Series!! :waving:

14. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I have another red f-series also....

crummy pics 001a.jpg

15. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Now we're talkin' :redbounce

16. JBZ71

JBZ71 Junior Member

Nice looking rig's ya got there..How much snow you average up your way??? Any work around???:waving:

17. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

We get most of out snow from October to January. It usually amounts to less than 5 feet a year. I think the average over the last 50 years is like 5.5 feet. It usually snows a little in September and a little in April which kinda spreads the snow season out(8 months). The miserable part of our snow is it never melts until spring. The first snow will still be here come April. Another wonderful thing is that the average annual temperature is like 26 degrees. This is with an occasional dip to -60 in December and January to a once in a while high of 80 in June and July. I once heard that we have over 200 days a year where the temperature is under 32 degrees. The last thing that gets to you after a while is the 2 hours of daylight in the winter. It is offset by the 22 hour days in the summer but not seeing the sun for a while gets kinda old.
    As far as plowing work I don't really know I just do my own and a few neighbors. Most of the commercial work is done with loaders and road graders because the ground is so cold that once the snow gets packed by a little bit of traffic a pickup plow will not even touch it. The road graders have scarfing edges on them just so they can cut through it. The snow usually does end up getting packed before it gets plowed due to the fact that we never really get much snow at one time. It seems more like it will drizzle 1.5" a day for three days rather than dumping 6 inches at once.

18. JBZ71

JBZ71 Junior Member

How long you been there???Always ask the wife to move to alaska,never says much,would love to get out in the wild...Snow around that long sounds good to me,living it may change my mind along with the 22 hrs of sun in summer and what 22 hrs of darkness in winter???:drinkup:

19. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

Hey Crumm, why doncha sell that ole red truck of yours to me so I can start my own business here in Anchorage.. Then you can put a nice plow or backblade on that shiney red one..

Is it a lot harder plowin that dry snow up there?? It always seemed to me that you could just use a leaf blower and move mountains.. Even though it stayed around all winter, it never froze or hardened..

Paul

P.S. I'll come get the truck, don't worry about deliverin it. :)

20. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

kl0an, You can plow 3 month old snow with ease up here as long as it has never been driven on. It does stay very powdery for a long time. I plowed a driveway the other day that had not been plowed all winter. The areas that had not been driven on were easy to take right down to the gravel but the two tracks where they had been driving in and out are still there. It kinda made some reverse ruts I suppose you would call them.
    As far as selling the old truck that might just happen. I am giving some serious though to the idea of moving south. I figure we will head south until someone asks what the electrical plug hanging out of my front bumper is for then go south another 100 miles just to be sure we are out of the cold/snow belt. I will let you know and probably list it in the for-sale section on this site if I head out. It will be late spring/early summer when school is out if it happens.