1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1975 f-100 radio?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by rob_cook2001, Sep 24, 2010.

1. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Hey guys. 2 years ago I bought my dad a restored 75 f-100 for his birthday. Well long story short I had to change the antenna last night. I got the new one mounted but can't find out how to get the radio our to plug it in. Interior stuff is not my thing, especially on old stuff lol.
    Thanks guys
    Robert

2. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I wish I could help you out, but I know even less than you do about these things. BUT could you post some pics of the truck please? I love older cars and trucks that have been restored.

Bossman

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If I remember right? You have to take the trim plate off that is around the radio and heater controls. It's attached with screws and maybe some clips. Look close for the screws. Then the radio is attached to a plate that needs to come out. Most of the old stuff also had a support strap bolted to the back. They did that because the radios were so heavy back then. The radio's were attached to the plate by nuts that screw onto the volume and tuning shafts. Some had to be unplugged before you pull them out. Not enough wire to come out of the dash all the way.