1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1974 Mack Dump W/snowplow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by alleghenypaving, Nov 17, 2007.

1. alleghenypaving

alleghenypaving Member

1974 mack single axle dump nice for the year..has a 237 6 cylinder mack engine in her. just had 2 new heads put on , does have a jake brake,5 speed manual tranny. truck is rated 38,000 gvw.you do need a cdl too drive truck . truck runs real strong, have the snow blade for the truck also. have a brand new set of tire chains in the bag.. truck is ready for snow.. reason we are selling is we are not doing the mall gig any more.asking $8.000 or best offer. this truck can push some snow.. you can leave this dog outside on the coldest night, plug it in , 10 minutes later it throwing heat. starts all the time never left us down.. if you know mack you know its like a good ole bottle of wine ,,they age well with time.

mack truck 002.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  2. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

Does this old girl have hydraulic lines to the back for a spreader?
  3. alleghenypaving

alleghenypaving Member

yes there is lines going to the back but they have a cap on them, looks at one time it had wet lines in the rear. i really don't think the truck has ever salted before or plowed, we put the plow on the ole dog , and only used it one winter.truck had no problem pushing a 6 to 8 inch snow fall.also there is no control in side for a salter,or sander nor do we have a below the tail gate spreader for this rig, you can slide a v-body in her real easy.thanks for looking
  4. SE+C

SE+C Member

Is that mack a r model or a dm model and is it a two stick tranny or one single stick
  5. alleghenypaving

alleghenypaving Member

the mack is a R-model,and it has only one stick in it, straight 5 speed, no 2 speed, thanks for looking
  6. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

I suppose you never make it up to wisconsin. I would be interested.
  7. alleghenypaving

alleghenypaving Member

no sorry mayor i have no plans of going wisconsin, not at this time . wouldn't mind it but can't get away.thanks anyway