1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1973-87 front mount receiver hitch

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by raceman6135, Sep 23, 2002.

1. raceman6135

raceman6135 Member

I hated to start a thread for this, but I've been unable to find the information I need.

A search of this board and many others has turned up nothing. Same goes for Google, Yahoo, Altavista, iwon, GoTo, etc.

All of the large hitch manufacturers (Reese, Hidden Hitch, Valley Towing/Industries, Sure Pull, even Summit Racing, etc etc etc) do not offer a front mounted 2" hitch receiver for the 1973-87 C20 pickups.

Does anyone know who makes or offers one? If not, who's modified an existing model and made it fit? I was thinking of custom building one, but without a welder or garage large enough to get my truck in, I'd really prefer to bolt one on.

Thanks in advance.

DJS

2. ShafferNY

ShafferNY Junior Member

I'm with ya, I can't find one for my '78 K-10. They're great for backing a trailer in tight spaces. I'm thinking of making my own, if I can't find one.

3. cbchevy78

cbchevy78 Junior Member

Warn

Warn does offer a front mount receiver for 81-87 chevy trucks, might be able to adapt it to fit older frames. They are the only ones that I have been able to find.

4. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

The "SEARCH" button lives again :salute:. all the way from 2002.