1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1970`s Int`l snow fighters

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by massbowtie, Jan 7, 2004.

1. massbowtie

massbowtie Member

im in mass,does anybody know where to find parts or parts trucks? need a 6 spd. auto tranny for one and a staright 6 engine for another..any info would be apreiciated .thanks
  2. clueless

clueless Member
    from pa

you need a 6 cylinder international motor and auto trans?

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

4. Bigblue250

Bigblue250 Member

The Foot junk yard in i want to say Walpole, Norwood or somewhere in that area.

SNOWPIMP Member

I got a whole 6.9 with a trans if that helps ya!
  6. massbowtie

massbowtie Member

yes im looking for an engine and tranny..

clueless:is it for sale ? condition,how much?

bigblue,been in ma.all my life never heard of that place,ill have to look it up in the yellow book

snowpimp,will that fit a 70 int`l ? if so how much and what is the condition..

we have 2 of these trucks.one thetranny went out and the second spun a bearing. we could make one truck out of the 2 but would like to keep 2 trucks on

apreciate the help
  7. clueless

clueless Member
    from pa

the motor runs good.might need a tune up,but starts good.the trans has the pan gasket leaking,but it runs ok.we havent had it on the road in over 14 yrs.it just plows the driveway and yard where the school bus turns around.always in 4 low for plowing,well,i think in the past 14 yrs,it might have been out of 4 low 3 or 4 times,if that.

ill take $300 for the whole vehicle,including the plow,which is a manual angle engine driven hydraulic unit.we have had the plow since 1966,which was on another scout also.the body on the scout is about shot,nothing really left to it.

if all you want is the motor and trans,give me $200 for it,ill dispose of the carcas.who knows maybe someone needs a pair of dana rears,a dana 30 and a 44 with 3.54 rears.

8. massbowtie

massbowtie Member

thanks but what im looking for is alittle bigger than what you got..the trucks im talking about are large like 2.5 ton or so..than what you have..the motor might be the same but im not sure.im trying to help out a buddy of mine..thanks anyway
  9. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

you may want to look at old school buses , you can generally find a international school bus pretty cheap with great drivetrains.
  10. clueless

clueless Member
    from pa

no problem.this one is a 258 ci 6 cylinder.