1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1970 Chevy C50 brakes and other ???s

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by kycowboyemt, Oct 15, 2011.

1. kycowboyemt

kycowboyemt Junior Member

First let me say hello to you all. After perusing this forum, this seems to be the only place I may get answers to my questions. I recently purchased a 1970 Chevy C50 dump truck that (hopefully) in the furture will be converted to handle snow removal. However prior to that, a few questions.

1). Is anyone aware of a conversion process to a better brake system (other than the "stand on it" brakes) than what it has. Best I can tell it's all manual even though NAPA listed the replacement master cylinder as "power brake". I'm not necessarily concerned with converting to disk in the front, just somewhat more powerful pressure to the brakes.

2) Does this thing have a booster I'm missing? I've seen tidbits on the web about a booster of some type under the driver side but have yet to find it.

Any help ya'll can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris