1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

197???? Cat 930 loader

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by loulounj, Dec 11, 2010.

1. loulounj

loulounj Junior Member
    from nj

Just picked up Cat 930 machine and finally figured out that these older machine use 24volt system to start.lol It's running like an animal everything is nice and tight. Only problem is that it was sitting for 2 years and the brakes are frozen. The parking brakes works great but the caliper (air over hydraulic) are not grabbing. Was wondering if anyone had this issues? I don't want to take it apart yet hopefully it's something easy. What pusher size would work best with this machine. thanks all from NJ

2. loulounj

loulounj Junior Member
    from nj

Opened up the air tank full of water and brake fluid resovoir rusted to sh@t. Drained the system and took off the resovoir and both brake cylinders. Went to Cat and they had both brakes cylinders, total with air filter $330. Putting it together today, 18 degrees out in nj, but I'm excited to have brakes working today. Nothing beats a Cat!!!!!!! Easiest machine I have ever worked on. I'll post some pics of this workhorse soon.