1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1968 Case 480 Backhoe

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by shearsbrothers, Feb 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. shearsbrothers

shearsbrothers Junior Member

Im 17 and this is my only toy along with a snowblower. my dad finally taught me to drive it this winter. i love it. its a 1968 Case 480. it doesnt really have brakes lol but the rest of the important stuff functions properly.
    backhoe1.jpg

backhoe2.jpg

backhoe3.jpg

backhoe1.jpg

backhoe2.jpg

backhoe3.jpg

2. Jacobsmovinsnow

Jacobsmovinsnow Senior Member

Some times its nice to plow with the old stuff. I have in my fleet two old Case 1070 tractors with cab and push blades. Last storm we had enough snow that we needed them on the lots. These old tractors had no trouble keeping up with the new stuff.

3. shearsbrothers

ive used a 2006 kubota too and this thing is just as nice. the only downfall is how slow the bucket moves and dumps. definitely keeps up though

4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

It doesn't need brakes, thats what the bucket is for! Good looking old Case. I'd assume its mostly origional?

5. shearsbrothers

100% original. i wish it was 4 wheel drive though

6. LJS

LJS Junior Member

Nice

I've seen that thing around before. Well atleast I think I did. An almost exact replica was sitting behind some guys garage in Denville, NJ. It is right by my church next time I go by I'll snap a picprsport

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice machine you got there. I allways wanted a backhoe so I could dig up stumps. With a set of tire chains it would be just as good as 4wd.

8. LJS

LJS Junior Member

i am gunna restore it with my dad this summer so i might invest in some chains.

9. shearsbrothers

haha sorry that was me from my friends computer, didnt know he was logged on.prsport

10. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

that'll look nice restored. make sure to take some pics of it as you are restoring it