1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1967 plow Scout 800

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Dave Meyers, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Dave Meyers

Dave Meyers Member

Here is my third Scout, I no longer have it. Just found the pic and thought it might be appreciated here. Dave

plowscout.jpg

2. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Sweet looks nice. Did you have to sell her?

3. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Looks nice. Must have some kind of lift? How well did that plow?

4. Dave Meyers

Dave Meyers Member

I had to sell it and the house due to wife being laid off from her Snap On Tools job. It was my third Scout because it was the body from my #1 1967 Scout 800 transplanted to the frame of my #2 1978 Scout II chassis. The swap required a body lift to even out the differences in the frame configurations. It also had a moderate shackle lift (bad idea on a Scout). The plow frame was home made, it actually did not hang below frame level when the plow was in the fully raised position, for off road ground clearance. When finances finally imnproved I bought my fourth Scout that I just installed a used plow on. We have recovered financially but I am still a bit on edge when it comes to money. We have a smaller house then previously and are going to keep it that way for peace of mind.

5. Dave Meyers

Dave Meyers Member

It plowed well enough, I didn't have much to compare it to, just plowed my own driveway and the cul de sac that the city would save for last. It had plenty of pushing power, with an International Harvester 304 V8 and Dana 300 T Case, and Dana 44 front and rear.