1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1965 Dodge D200 Cummins swap

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by 03sd, Jan 28, 2012.

1. 03sd

03sd Member

My brother has has this truck and wants my help to restore it, she has the 318 polysphere im thinking about giving a heart transplant cummins stylewesport. Would this be a cool project or am I being a ******? Sorry im bored the lack of snow is getting to me:yow!:
  2. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

Totally cool on the Cummins swap...especially if it's a 6.7 like I'm going to be putting into my '01.
  3. 03sd

03sd Member

A 6.7 would be sweet I would even settle for a 12 valve around here it seem that they are hard to find.
  4. tuna

tuna Senior Member

You are being a ******,but even a ****** knows that would be a cool project
  5. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

very cool project, your best bet is a 12 valve with a nv4500.:salute:
  6. 03sd

03sd Member

I was thinking about doing something along those lines and maybe turning it up just a little. I see a muscle truck in our future:mechanic:
  7. 03sd

03sd Member

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Great combo and super simple to put in almost anything.
  9. 03sd

03sd Member

I was going to build a big block but after tossing it around we decided the cummins is the way to go, how many old school Dodges do you see with a coal roller not too many.
  10. 03sd

03sd Member

I told him when we get it done that im going to pull my 28' fifth wheel with it probably pull it better than my Ford.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

The best part is that Old School 12valve will feel new again going in the 65'. As for the 6.7... Way too much computer headaches and retrofitting unless you planned on doing a mechanicial P pump conversion.
  12. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

that sounds like an awesome idea. someday i will make something like that but i think ill use a 66 chevy truck/suburban
  13. 03sd

03sd Member

Yes sir their pretty simple the 12 valves i dont want to do a bunch of wiring it would be nice to keep everything mechanical like it was when they built her even have a straight 6 but this will rattle a little, by the way how is your project going.
  14. 03sd

03sd Member

yours does also, when we really get going on it ill try to post some pics and the whole cummins/cummings thing thanks for spreading the word the people that say or type cummings drives me nuts:salute:
  15. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

I'd go P-pump 24 valve. But it sounds like a sweet project
  16. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

17. 03sd

03sd Member

Thanks thats also another option.
  18. 03sd

03sd Member

Thats one I would drive, she would be a nice plow rig thanks for the info.