1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1957 Diamond T 532..........Ratrod Semi project

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by got-h2o, Aug 2, 2010.

1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Kindof a feeler here, not sure if anyone is interested or not......

1957 Diamond T model 532

372 IH Inline 6 gasser.

5 spd manual, dual PTO's.

I had big plans, but it's since been put on the back burner, and other projects are leading me to think I'm not going to do anything with it anytime soon. Plans were to lower it, install a 5th wheel plate, update brake system, maybe a 2 speed rear diff, and a Cummins. Basically a ratrod semi project.

The truck runs and drives great. Needs master cyl, but I may have it fixed one of these days here soon.

It's in pretty decent shape for its age. Frame and cab are very solid, doors close like new, hoods are straight and function properly. Windshield has a crack up and down in the center but nothing to worry about fixing IMHO. Drivers door glass is cracked but still rolls up and down. 80k miles and I'd imagine its true since it never really left the farm. Cab corners are just starting to show signs, and front fenders were repaired once and cracking bondo is the result.

It's an old truck......top speed was 58mph, and it's built like a tank, so it rides rough, tires are bald, etc. Please don't think this is a truck you can buy and drive cross country to get it home. BUT this is a nice running project that can be driven in its condition to shows, cruises, etc...

Clean and clear open IN title.

I also can work a package deal on a 12V Cummins donor truck. I will NOT even think of selling it without the DT so please don't ask.

Price is $3,800......................................serious buyers can discuss price on donor Cummins truck if interested.

Like I said it runs great. Come take it for a drive.

This is a VERY rare truck. Do a bit of research and you'll soon find this out. Infact, even google will barely find any pictures of DT's in general, let alone a 532, let alone running and driving.

Pic in avatar, can provide pics to serious buyers. Willing to accept trades. Plows, plow stuff, trucks, toys, whatever...........

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Make offer..........

3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

A buddy of mine collects Diiamond trucks-could you email me some pics?

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Will do...............................shoot me your email address

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Here are a bunch of pics. Only ones I forgot were under the hood. Under there it's surprisingly clean, not all nasty or rusty. I have the battery cover/step for the passenger side too, its just not shown in pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

8. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

If only it was a B model in that shape. I been looking for a B to fix up. ANyway free bump.

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I know of one pm me

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

bump.........................

11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Any cool trades???