1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1954 gmc

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by JoeCool, Nov 16, 2011.

1. JoeCool

JoeCool Senior Member
    from Canada

Not my truck... yet. Figured I would show what I found to the guys who would appreciate it. I have no details, including the year but 54 was mentioned before he took me out to the quonset. The guy that built it for himself as a toy had an agreement with the new owner that should he kick the bucket then first dibs on it were his. The agreement went the other way over an old John Deere the new owner has. Last spring the new owner came home from his winter home to find out his friend had passed. The widow GAVE it to him. I have started the ball rolling and since winters are spent in Texas it likely won't get much use, so I just have to wait until the novelty wears off... or, you know... I get dibs.:cool:

Plow Truck.jpg

2. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

What chassis is it sitting on? Looks like someone put an older body on more modern running gear.

3. JoeCool

JoeCool Senior Member
    from Canada

Oh, for sure, guess I have some details. Blazer chassis, 350 and I think it was auto trans. Battery is mounted on the plow mount and was on the charger but it didn't fire up for him to show me. My task is to make a custom tailgate decal as a tribute to the builder, so we were just out there for a quick measurement as he told the story. Body/paint is fresh but looked pretty well done, wood floor in box is old so it isn't a big dollar build but apparently the builder had a bit of a collection. The truck behind it was one he had done previously for the new owner and is again very well done. I never looked at the interior.

4. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

that is so awesome

5. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Looks cool to me!!

6. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

It would be nice to see that truck plow some snow ? hint hint!