1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1950 U.S.Navy Airforce Oshkosh Snow Blower

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Bozzard, Mar 29, 2010.

1. I have an original Oshkosh 4 Wheel Drive with three transmissions and a two stage blower, as purchased by the Corps of Engineers.(Data plate shows original purchase order). Front engine is a six cylinder flathead Continental. Rear is a Klauer 6 cylinder with twin ignition. Both are gas powered.Tires are military 14.00 x 24"? It was used in South Dakota at a military airport, and stayed when the airport converted to a municipal airport. My aspiration to have the ultimate snow blower has yielded to the reality that I probably will never use it as since my retirement, we now winter in Arizona. It is in fabulous condition for it's age and should be preserved for a museum or ? Is there any interest in something like this? It weighs 23,270lbs and I believe the blower functions correctly. I can provide further details and pics on request.
  2. Top Dog

Top Dog Member

pics please????
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Bring it to AZ. and open up an ice cream stand and let the kids play on it!
  4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Just put the pics up!
  5. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

I assume its in BC? How much?
  6. I'm away for a week or so & I'll get some pics & post them asap.
  7. Top Dog

Top Dog Member

you ever get pics of this would love to see it inside and out