1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1900lmn salt light

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by mzgloves20, Feb 14, 2012.

1. mzgloves20

mzgloves20 Member

I know these types of threads have been beaten to death but here is my deal... I have two trucks to outfit. I am looking for salt lights of the led variety, I've seen listed here the bully's and soundoffs but really I have a tight budget and want something that is going to give me more light then the standard ten $ napa salt light.

Has anyone seen or tried these? http://www.strobesnmore.com/axixtech-1900-lumen-led-flood-lights.html

I'm curious if these may be the cross over between price and performance. Thanks for the input.

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have good things about those lights as I was talking to the owner at strobes and more. Durable , bright and 5 year warranty. But I think it is to much light if it is just going to be pointing down. If for a backup light I would say yes, but save your self some cash and get the 500 lumen par 36 soundoff led for your salter lights as they put out plenty and if you want more light for reverse go with either the axxitech 1900 or the 1400 or 1000 lumen soundoff. I have all soundoff on my trucks and love the output.

3. Look in to ddmtuning.com at there lights for salt there great

4. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

i have 2 from here they are good lights. They provide brighter light in a shorter distance. Another words the regular 4 -5" tractor lights, like trucklite, will be dimmer but shine farther. Hope this helps.

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I used the 116mm floods from ddm tuning $39.99 1350 lumens for reverse lights and they work awesome.
    I've also heard the 125mm are a great 2000 lumens for $59.95

I think for a salt light the 116mm will be fine.
    http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/LED-Work-Lamp

6. mzgloves20

mzgloves20 Member

To be more correct, I use my salt light as a backup light on my dump so I guess it would be doing double duty. I just dont want to spend a bunch of cash on a light that is not really brighter than what I already have-but just led...lol NO ONE around here has anything in stock to look at so that makes it hard. If I see it bright on the ground, Ill buy it...I hate sight unseen and hoping. I'll check these links! Thanks!

7. Mr.Markus

I have 2 of the 116mm mounted behind the truck. In these pictures the passenger side has a regular $7.99 utility light and the driver side has the LED. Both are LEDs now and it's amazing. Go for the cheap ones $39.99 you won't be disappointed. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. mzgloves20

mzgloves20 Member

Great pics! Thanks, very helpful. The led light seems much more uniform and consistant. I hate how the regular bulbs have a hotspot irrgular shape and rapid falloff. You have the same house as me too...I'm all siding though...lol

Is that rosetta stone along the driveway?

9. Mr.Markus

Up here it's Owensound stone (From a quarry in Owensound I think LOL)

10. mzgloves20

mzgloves20 Member

Well, got my order together for the ddm leds... I had to put that on hold when I saw the shipping was 38.00!!! I found some "identically" built / output lights from another seller. Both list the same amount of 3watt leds per light. I can't tell them apart from the pictures. Should I be concerned? I guess ddm would be getting them from somewhere too right? I doubt they manufacture them. I hate super high shipping...lol :realmad:

11. Mr.Markus

Yeah...I wish I had ordered more lights to make the shippig worthwhile. They are worth it. Just pay the shipping what's $38 in the grand scheme.

12. mzgloves20

mzgloves20 Member

Eh, not alot but, I'm spending a grand on lightbars and leds and worklights when it's only snowed two inches this month...might as well get the stander out and sharpen the blades instead...lol...

I don't think I'm going to re coup what I spent in salt this year...

13. bersh

bersh Senior Member

I had a chance to do a side-by-each comparison - the DDM lights are identical to the lights you find on ebay for cheaper and that ship from the US without waiting weeks to get them.

14. mzgloves20

mzgloves20 Member

You dont happen to have a link do you? I was hoping someone posted that did what you did. Thanks!

15. bersh

bersh Senior Member

I have to admit that the lights I compared were the 18w lights, which are generally the 1350 lumen version.

If you search for 27W LED work light you'll get a ton of hits, and you can filter them for US only. From looking at the pictures, and based on what I saw with the 18w version, I have little doubt that the various ebay lights are the same as the 27w 125 mm lights DDM is selling.