1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

19' Baretta Project Boat For Sale $375

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by plowguy43, Jun 21, 2010.

1. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Figured I'd toss this up here because I know a few of you are boaters.

Well I needed a new trailer for my 16' bowrider and found this one this weekend- only catch was the boat had to go with it. So I'm selling the boat since its got some decent parts on it or could be made to be a nice boat.

Here's what I know/was told/could find out from the internet:

It a 19' Baretta Success Cuddy Cabin boat with a OMC V6 Stern Drive. The previous owner said it was a 3.8 V6 but I'm willing to bet its a 4.3 V6- regardless a 4.3 V6 will fit perfectly and will reuse everything on this motor.

Previous owner must not have winterized it as the block cracked. He said it still cranks and runs but water comes out of the block (obviously). I'm going to charge the battery this week to confirm this.

New carb- looks very new so I believe him. Newer battery, the rest of the motor looks good- exhaust manifolds look good, wires, hoses, etc.

Outdrive looks fine- steering works, throttle works fine.

Hull - In great shape- no bottom paint, barely a scratch on it, no holes or cracks. The floors were in the process of being replaced (guy started to cut them out). I may replace these if the boat sits here using plywood, sheets of fiberglass and resin. Has 1 seat left with it the other is gone.

Personally I think the boat has a lot of potential- its a sharp looking boat, clean exterior, the interior can be redone cheap to get back on the water- replace the floors, buy a couple pedestal seats and get out there.

4.3 V6's are everywhere on craigslist- all you need is the short block-heads are fine. Does not include a trailer but will GIVE you my old trailer that is small. Probably too small for this boat but will probably work to get it home a short distance if needed.

If you are local I will trailer it to your house on the current trailer and help you get it off. OR if you bring your own trailer, the boat launch is literally a mile away and we can go there, launch it, and put it on your trailer. I will not ship this- unless you want to pay for all of that.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i am interested in this boat, i am going to have to see on costs of shipping it
  3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Ok just let me know. If you are serious, I'll take all the pictures in the world for you/ get a movie walk around of anything you want to see. I'm not the type of person to hide anything, I'd rather be upfront and honest.