1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1875 slow material flow

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by nrplowguy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

So I had to switch where i got my sand/salt mix and it is wetter then where I got it before. With it being wetter it dont flow good at all. I read some where on here about taking out the auger baffle, sutting it an put a hinge on it so if i need to use salt i can just flip it back down.

Does anyone know that if opening the baffle up more will help with flow?

2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I did this to my old 1875... I just cut the baffle in half and bolted on a stainless hinge, it helped great with sand after that.

3. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

I think that is what I am going to do. I got the V almost out tonight and WOW who uses Pan head style machine bolts in spreaders????? had to drill them out cause I dont know anyone who has a screw driver that big!!!!!

4. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

Well Markus I did what you said and it works so much better but now I am having a problem with the chute. When the auger brings the material over to the left to drop it down it is getting clogged up on the chute. Does anyone know of something I could do to make it slide across the chute better?

5. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

whatever you do , dont remove that anti bridging piece , you will develope one big rock .:mechanic:

6. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

You mean the inverted V? yeah that is staying in there its there for a reason.

7. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

Well since no one has any ideas I think I came up with one to help flow on the chute. I picked up a sheet of 26 gauge galvanized and am going to put it over the the plastic. I will try and post pics when done incase others are interested