1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

180 Watt Whelen Strobe Kit Install

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by wpfd, Nov 28, 2009.

1. wpfd

wpfd Junior Member

So, basicaly George or "Dissociative" is the best guy for this and helped me out with this. Wink wink! I installed a Whelen 180 Watt Monster Box, with 8 strobe heads, 22.5 watts per head. Switches, control button for patterns, armored all lines under truck, and have secondary wires run through armored ones for addons later in life. I have 2 Amber stobes in the grille, 2 in the front parking lights, 2 in the cargo lights, and 2 more in the brake lights. In the videos i have one of the cargo lights is out and thats because i broke one of the strobes putting it in. Let me tell you a few lessons learned that day were, #1 theyre very easy to break... be careful. #2 Do NOT let any exposed wires touch eachother when the box is running. It will short the box out, luckily mine did not but as i was told by George i basically kicked my power house in the balls... LOL. Everythings great though, kit was easy to install to about 3 hours for main install and 2 more after for cleaning and sealing it all up.

The set up i have flashes so bright and so fast the camera cant keep up so when it looks like their is a 2 second delay between flashes their is realy like 3 more flashes, it just wont pick it up...

You can find pictures and video on my Photobucket album here...

2. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

that sir is a beautiful truck...

i wish mine was a sport...love the mono color...

glad to have helped out a fellow plower......let me knwo if you have any other questions....i talked to my friend and the parts you wanted he said are on the way very soon.
  3. wpfd

wpfd Junior Member

Thank You Sir! Compliments are aways welcome... haha. Good to hear. It should be snowing here verrry sooon.... MWAHAHAHAHAHA!