1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

18 Wheeler On Guardrail

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DieselSlug, Oct 25, 2012.

1. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

Here is a picture of Route 81 northbound just south of Syracuse, NY. They have been doing a lot fo road work here and lanes are always changing. Either he wasn't paying attention or someone tried to merge into him. Truck and trailer are on the guardrail the whole length. He got lucky the rail slowed him down before too much further, he would have hit the bridge. Best shot i got, place was crawling with cops and i didnt want to be seen waving a cell phone.

18 Wheeler1024.jpg
  2. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

Oops, that is a mess I just came through there last weekend...
  3. Uncle Herb

Uncle Herb Senior Member

Trafficland.com had some good shots of the recovery operation. Big Red Towing had three of their massive rigs on the scene. Enjoy that bill! $$$$$$

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

when i was down in nc few years ago i saw a semi full loaded sunk up to his axles on whole truck/trailer in median .

dam drivers down there dont know how to slow down in rain. he hydroplaned off the highway and in to the middle. had to close the 4 lane in both directions and reroute traffic and had 3 full size tow trucks pull him out. took a whole day basicly.

and what makes it worse thay love driving on BALD ASS tires . and think cords = traction . :laughing: