1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

18'' Tires for 05/06 F-series???

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Big Dog D, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

2. Brannick's Snow

Brannick's Snow Member
    from ohio

the bfg t/a ko's are $260.00 each!:gunsfiring:
  3. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

The BFG's arent that great I got a set last winter because the Conti's were so bad. They were OK but I would like better. I didn't pay anywhere near $260....ooops I stand corrected, I just went and looked I paid $210ea. for the BFG's

I talked to my tire guy yesterday and he was going to get me more info on the G/Y Wranglers but he also told me that Cooper was releasing some new sizes October first and that I may want to wait till then.
  4. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

I just replaced BFG ATs with the Wrangler Silent Armour "Pro Grade". Expensive tire, but far stronger than the BFG. Mine are 285s on my F-350. Still load range E, 10-ply. They also say "snow equipment rated" on the side. Much better traction, i only had 40,000Kms on my BFGs before i couldnt stand it anymore. Pulling 13,000lb horse trailers needs strength!

5. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

How many miles are you guys getting out of the conti's? I have 30k on mine now and I want to know how soon I can expect to replace them. Now I wish I would have got the 17's there seems to be a lot more 17's to pick from. Has anyone switched over to 17's?
  6. johndeereguy

johndeereguy Senior Member
    from Iowa

I bought a set of 18" Cooper tires for my truck. I think they were around $225 a piece. Great traction, I really like them