1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

18-21k budget w/ plow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jturbo86, Sep 28, 2014.

1. jturbo86

jturbo86 Junior Member

I'm looking to trade in my 09 Cadillac CTS on a truck without a plow then purchasing a used plow. My total MAX total budget would be 21k but i'd like to keep it lower if possible.

I'd like to stay in the GM family and would really like an extended cab 2500. That being the case the mileage would be in the 65k+ territory. Can anyone shed some light on any known problems to look for or be aware with that kind of mileage and what the chance of me having transmission, TC, axle issues?

2. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

My 2011 HD 25 has 110,000 mostly highway miles, plowed 3 seasons, and has zero issues, and still looks very clean thru out, mostly rust free under heath, no rust under the hood

Finding a 2500 HD that was more a daily driver vs construction truck would be a great benefit

GM 6.0 Gas 6 speed 4.10 rear are known for quality & longevity

after maybe 5 years of heavy salted roads - the brake lines, tranny lines, fuel lines, e brake cables ... will rust thru - so check for rusting before you buy. Some used trucks will look like NEW in 5 years of use and others will show ALOT of rust.

My 2004 went about 8 years before the rust issue (with regular rinse maintenance)

Even under the hood - if you see rusting there - beware
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well you never specified a year range, so that would be nice to know. Also what plow are you looking at? What accounts do you have, that might help us point you on the right track