1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

$175 deal

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by WilliamOak, Jul 10, 2009.

1. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Here's what I got today; a 48" whelen edge lightbar with:
    Alley lights
    4 corner strobes
    2 amber strobes in rear
    4 amber strobes in front
    2 clear strobes in front

Also came with a pa/siren speaker, extra mounts, extra pait of alley lights.

All for $175

I'm so happy right now lol!

Oh and I will have pictures soo I promise.

2. ATV Plow King

ATV Plow King Senior Member

Thats sick! ! ! ! ! ! Does it all work?:yow!::yow!:

3. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Colin you peice of crap! I even gave you the morning off and still no pics. You better not be late today!

4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Can't wait to see pics/vid.

I picked up a 48" a few years ago for $150. I only have 4 strobes, flashers, takedowns and alleys though. I'd like to have four more strobes and a set of front takedowns too.

:cool:

5. WilliamOak

here are a few pics of it placed on the top of the truck. and I just now realize I shoudl have put this thread in the strobe light forum... oops lol.

6. WilliamOak

Doh, forgot the pics. should be here.

IMG00043.jpg

IMG00044.jpg

7. miltonplower

miltonplower Senior Member
    from ontario

nice looks great

8. stroker79

And the siren speaker is really loud!

9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good Colin! You headin' over this way tonight?

10. WilliamOak

Thanks! It's not wired up yet, and I'm looking to sell this truck and pick up a 99 or newer 7.3
    lol, you're telling me, I was standing right next to it!
    Yessir I am.

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

12 heads for that money is crazy. I am doing a roofing job, and the place next door I see a guy with a Mass State Police car on a U-haul trailer. Big Whelen strobe on top. So I go over and ask the guy if he bought it off action or whatever. Apparently, it was used in filming a movie, and it's going in the Demolition Derby at the Union Fair. I asked if the strobes work, yes, so I offered him a hundred bucks for the bar. No, I have a friend who wants it. OK, no problem. Two days later he asks if I am still interested. Yup. Takes my number, said he'll call me after the fair. I don't know if he will or not, we'll see. I'll need to replace the blue lenses with amber of course. He didn't know how many heads it has, but the control box has eight switches. Can't go wrong for that money.

12. WilliamOak

Going today to pick up a controller/siren for the speaker that came with the bar.

13. WilliamOak

Oh and its not really 12 heads, the 2 rear facing ambers and 2 of the front facing ambers are only flashers. Even then I'm still happy with it for $175!

14. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

hey collin were was the pic taken? Was it in dundee over the bridge?

15. stroker79

Dang your good. It's in carpentersville at my shop

16. ultimate plow

from N. IL

doug!!! lol it used to be my shop. Used to cut the grass and plow the snow too!!

17. stroker79

On Washington? It was under my impression that this was the first time they ever rented this place. It's small and has a gravel lot next to it.

18. ultimate plow

from N. IL

thats it. There used to be 3 people that had space there. Me, and 2 other guys. I had the end garage next to the gravel lot. We accually put in a garage door there. There used to be only 1 garage door. Thats funny I could tell where the location was from the pic. The place is under new management thats why we left about a year or two ago. Sorry to get off topic. Anyway nice bar collin. If you need help wiring it up let me know.

Justin

19. WilliamOak

lol nice eye Justin thats impressive! Especially because that building looks just as generic as any other office building. Idk if I'm gonna wire it up on this truck becase I'm looking to get rid of it for a '99 or newer PSD.

20. WilliamOak

Update lol. ordered the siren for the speaker today. Cost as much as the lightbar and speaker combined lol doh. I just didnt feel like waiting for another used one to come up.